- 1 head red leaf lettuce, rinsed
- 15-oz. can black or navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 1/4-oz. can corn, drained
- 6-oz. can pitted black olives, drained
- 1 bunch scallions, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh coriander leaves
- 1 to 2 jalapeño chiles, thinly sliced, for garnish
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 tsp. chili powder, or to taste
- 3 Tbs. taco sauce
- 1 Tbs. granulated sugar, or to taste
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Dry lettuce leaves, trim off tough ends and line salad bowl with leaves.
3. To make dressing, combine ingredients in bowl and beat together to combine. Toss salad ingredients with dressing.
4. To serve, scoop bean mixture into the salad bowl. Garnish with sliced jalapeños.