Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: McCall's, January 1990
- Makes 6 Servings
- 2 tbsp salad oil
- 1 lbs frankfurters, quartered - lengthwise
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 1 can whole tomatoes (1 pound)
- 1 can pinto beans (15 ounces)
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- ⅔ cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese with jalapeno (if available)
- cilantro (fresh coriander) leaves
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add frankfurters; saute until browned.
- With slotted spoon, remove from pan; place on one side of serving platter.
- Keep warm.
- To drippings in skillet, add onion and garlic; saute 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and their liquid, beans and their liquid, rice, chili powder, salsa and water.
- Bring to boiling; simmer, covered, 15 minutes, or until rice is cooked.
- Spoon rice mixture next to frankfurters on platter.
- Sprinkle cheese over rice.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves.