Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- In small, heavy gauge non-reactive saucepan, sweat onion in ¼ cup stock until onions are limp.
- Add chicken and remaining 1 ¾ cups stock, lower heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let chicken cool in stock.
- Remove from stock and cut into small dice; reserve.
- Strain broth; chill; defat; reserve.
- In large container with lid, mix strained poaching liquid, diced tomatoes with juice, beans, peppers, scallions and cilantro; mix well; cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving.
- To serve: ladle approximately 1 cup soup into bowl and stir in 1 tablespoon jalapeno jack dices.
- Top with 2 tablespoons crisp tortilla strips.
- Serve immediately.