Potatoes, Dehydrated Flakes, Dry by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 6
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons margarine or butter
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 cups potato flakes
- 4 oz. (1 cup) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- In medium saucepan, bring water and margarine to a rolling boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in milk and potato flakes with fork until potatoes are of desired consistency.
- Stir in cheese, chili powder, and oregano.