Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Preheat oven to 250 °F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment or brown paper and lightly draw circles on it with a pencil.
- In a medium bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff.
- Add Sugar gradually with cream of tartar and keep beating 5 minutes.
- Beat in vanilla and lemon juice.
- Mixture should be stiff and glossy. Do not beat until dry.
- Spoon the meringue into a pastry bag with a ¼ inch plain or star tip or use a spoon.
- To make the meringues, pipe or spoon out meringue onto the parchment following the outling of each circle.
- Bake the meringues on the middle oven rack until just lightly browned, about 8–10 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and leave the meringues in it, with the door closed, for about an hour.
- Use at once or store in a very tightly covered container for up to a day