Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: The New Family Cookbook For People With Diabetes
- Yield: 3½ dozen cookies (14 servings)
- 2 large egg whites
- ¼ tsp fresh lemon juice
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- pinch of salt
- ⅓ cup finely chopped pecans or almonds
- Preheat the oven to 250°F.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper or non-stick oven liner film.
- Put the egg whites and lemon juice in a chilled bowl.
- Beat with an electric mixer to a soft foam.
- Slowly beat in the sugar, mixing well after each addition.
- Continue beating at medium-high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Add the vanilla and salt.
- Gently fold in the nuts.
- Drop the batter by heaping teaspoons onto the cookie sheets.
- Shape with the back of a spoon onto 1-inch circles.
- Bake until set and firm, about 1 hour.
- Turn off the oven but leave the cookies there until the oven is completely cool.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (3 Cookies):
- 46 Calories | 2g Fat | 0 mg Cholesterol | 18 mg Sodium | 7g Carbs | 0g Dietary Fiber | 6g Sugars | 1g Protein
- Diabetic Exchanges: ½ other carbohydrate