Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Romanian: Tort bezea
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 7 oz / 200 g walnuts
- 8 oz / 250 g butter
- 3 tablespoons confectioner's sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or ¼ cup rum
- Place the egg whites, sugar and vanilla in a heat resistant bowl.
- And place this bowl into a larger one, full of boiling water and set on heat.
- Beat the whites until thick. Bake 3 sheets out of this mixture.
- The procedure is as follows: cut 3 equal rounds of white paper, the size of a round layer cake.
- Grease each paper round with oil and place it on the inverted bottom of a baking pan.
- Place a uniform layer of egg whites (⅓ of the mixture) on the greased circle and bake at very low heat.
- When done, place the rounds face down on the work surface, moisten the paper with water and pull it off.
- Fill these rounds with cream.
- To get the cream, caramelize a cup of granulated sugar; when it starts to turn yellow, add the slightly roasted walnuts and let them roast a little with the Sugar, mixing continuously.
- After the mixture turns a deeper gold, remove from heat and turn onto an oil greased plate to cool.
- In the meantime, beat the butter with 3 tablespoons of confectioner's sugar and vanilla or rum, adding the finely crushed walnuts.
- Put 1 tablespoon of crushed walnuts aside for garnish.
- Spread this cream over the sheets, place one on top of the other and cover with the same cream.
- Sprinkle with the 1 tablespoon of crushed walnuts.