Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is an AWESOME recipe - strong basil flavor! Hope you enjoy this as much as we do! A traditional comfort food - great on those cool winter days and nights! ENJOY!
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Serves 6
- 1 onion, chopped
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- In a large saucepan, saute onion, celery and garlic in butter until tender.
- Add flour, sugar, salt, basil, pepper and broth; bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir for 1 minute; reduce heat.
- Add peas and cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in chicken.
- Pour into a greased 9x13 pan.
- Combine biscuit mix and basil (2 tbsp) in a bowl.
- Stir in milk with a fork until moistened.
- Drop by tablespoon onto casserole (12 dumplings).
- Bake uncovered at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- Cover and bake 10 minutes longer or until dumplings are done.