Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
For this dip, based on the Mexican queso fundido, you will need to use a flameproof dish set over candles or Sterno to keep the cheese melted. Kevin Taylor, Chef of Cafe Iguana, Denver, Colorado also offers guacamole with the chips.
- Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Serves 12.
- 2 pounds Monterrey jack cheese, grated
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1⅓ cups beer
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 teaspoons minced jalapeño chiles
- blue corn tortilla chips
- Place cheese in large bowl.
- Add flour and toss to coat.
- Bring beer to boil in heavy large saucepan.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add 1 handful of cheese to beer; stir constantly until cheese melts.
- Repeat with remaining cheese; stir until thick and creamy (do not boil).
- Stir in cilantro and chilies.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour into flameproof baking dish.
- If desired, preheat broiler.
- Broil cheese dip until top is golden, about 2 minutes.
- Set dish over candles or Sterno on serving table.
- Serve with tortilla chips.