Melon Salsa from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, government resource in the public domain
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serves: 4
- 1 jalapeño, seeded, stemmed and chopped
- 1 shallot, peeled and chopped
- 1 green onion, sliced
- ½ green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- ⅓ cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ cantaloupe, peeled, seeded and cut into chunks (you can use other types of melon if desired)
- Place all ingredients in a blender except cantaloupe. Process until ingredients are blended.
- Add cantaloupe chunks, cover and process until the melon is coarsely chopped.
- Drain off any excess liquid and serve.