Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Melon Salsa from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, government resource in the public domain
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serves: 4
- 1 jalapeño, seeded, stemmed and chopped
- 1 shallot, peeled and chopped
- 1 green onion, sliced
- ½ green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- ⅓ cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ cantaloupe, peeled, seeded and cut into chunks (you can use other types of melon if desired)
- Place all ingredients in a blender except cantaloupe. Process until ingredients are blended.
- Add cantaloupe chunks, cover and process until the melon is coarsely chopped.
- Drain off any excess liquid and serve.