Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Marlboro Country Cookbook
- Makes 16 to 20 servings.
- 3 quarts chopped ripe melon (casaba, cantaloupe, honeydew, etc)
- 1½ cups pineapple-orange juice
- 1½ cups bottled sweetened lime juice from concentrate
- pinch of salt
- ½ to 1 cup orange or melon liqueur
- 2½ to 3 cups tequila, vodka, or rum, optional
- 2 liters lemon lime soda, chilled
- lemon and lime slices
- Put chopped melon into a large bowl.
- Combine pineapple orange juice, lime juice and salt and pour it over chopped melon.
- Let stand for two hours or refrigerate overnight.
- Mash or crush in small batches using a potato masher or blender.
- Press mashed fruit through a food mill or sieve to remove stringy pulp.
- There should be 9 to 11 cups juice.
- Add orange liqueur to juice and chill.
- To serve, pour juice into large serving bowl; add liquor if desired.
- Pour in chilled soda.
- Float ice and sliced fruit.
- Serve at once.