Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Edmonds Estate in Canton, Texas in 1987.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- 3 cups bite sized pieces of melon
- 2 hearts romaine lettuce cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped mint leaves
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place onion slices in a small bowl and cover with cold water and soak for 30 minutes.
- Drain and pat dry then combine with melon balls, lettuce and herbs then toss gently to combine and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Whisk together all ingredients for vinaigrette and toss gently with melon mixture.
- Serve immediately.