Melons with wings
- 3 small cantaloupes
- ⅓ cup oil
- 3 cup raw chicken or turkey meat -- chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cup green onions, chopped
- ⅓ cup parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 cup cooked rice
- Cut each melon in half; remove seeds.
- Scoop out pulp and reserve.
- Heat oil in a skillet and saute chicken or turkey.
- Add salt and continue to saute until poultry is cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Blend in green onions, parsley and lemon juice; continue cooking until onions are soft.
- Remove from flame and cool.
- Add rice to cooled chicken mixture; stuff cavities.
- Chop up 1 cup of reserved pulp and place on top.
- Put stuffed into an ovenproof dish; bake at 350°F.
- For 20 minutes.
- Serve hot.