Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Melons with wings
- 3 small cantaloupes
- ⅓ cup oil
- 3 cup raw chicken or turkey meat -- chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cup green onions, chopped
- ⅓ cup parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 cup cooked rice
- Cut each melon in half; remove seeds.
- Scoop out pulp and reserve.
- Heat oil in a skillet and saute chicken or turkey.
- Add salt and continue to saute until poultry is cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Blend in green onions, parsley and lemon juice; continue cooking until onions are soft.
- Remove from flame and cool.
- Add rice to cooled chicken mixture; stuff cavities.
- Chop up 1 cup of reserved pulp and place on top.
- Put stuffed into an ovenproof dish; bake at 350°F.
- For 20 minutes.
- Serve hot.