Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 16 oz of fresh melokhia leaves
- 32 oz chicken, cleaned quartered
- 20 oz lamb stew meat, cubed
- 1 large onion, peeled
- 1 cup fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 3 heads garlic, peeled
- ¼ cup ground dried coriander
- 1 tbsp salt (optional)
- 3 tbsp shortening or butter
- a dash of ground white pepper, cinnamon, and black pepper
- Fry meat with 2 tbsp of shortening and a dash of salt, cinnamon, and black pepper.
- Remove and place in another pot.
- Cover with water and cook over moderate heat.
- Bring to a boil then lower heat, cover pot, and continue cooking for 2 hours until tender.
- Fry chicken with same shortening and a dash of salt and white pepper on low heat.
- Cover with water.
- Cover pot and cook on moderate heat for 45 minutes.
- Remove and put aside.
- Grill onion.
- Process onion with dried coriander, one peeled head of garlic, and a dash of salt.
- Put aside.
- Fry melokhia leaves in batches with shortening.
- Remove and place aside.
- Fry remaining garlic and onion mixture with remaining shortening.
- Stir in coriander and melokhia leaves.
- Add meat and stock.
- Cover pot and cook over low heat for 1 hour until tender.
- Serve hot garnished with chicken and a dash of cinnamon accompanied by cooked rice, radishes, and lemon.