Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Eggplant with tomato and nut sauce
- 2 kg round eggplants
- ½ kg nuts, cleaned and mashed
- 1 cup oil
- ½ kg fresh tomatoes, mashed
- 2 – 3 garlic cloves, mashed
- Wash the eggplants and remove stems.
- Cut them along side.
- Let them stand in water for half an hour.
- Drain and salt them.
- Fry them in oil in order to soften.
- Remove from oil and let them drain from oil.
- In the same oil add the tomato mash and let them boil until they form a thick sauce.
- Add garlic and nuts and stir.
- Place the eggplants back into the sauce and boil for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat, let the sauce stand and serve.