Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Baked Eggplants. Try them with a cheese garnish!
- Serves 4
- Sauté the onions in a frying pan.
- Clean, chop and mash the fresh tomatoes (use 2 cans of preserved chopped tomatoes instead).
- Mash the garlic cloves in a mortar.
- Mix the tomato mash with the garlic.
- Wash the eggplants.
- Slice them horizontally in slices of 1½ cm width.
- Butter a square pan and place the aubergine slices.
- Boil the tomato mash with the onions for a while.
- Then, pour the tomato mixture into the eggplant slices.
- Preheat the oven in 200°C and bake for 45 minutes.