Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Sour cherry soup
- 1½ quarts of water
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ tsp of salt
- 1 pound of fresh or frozen pitted sour cherries
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- Into a soup pot containing 1½ quarts of boiling water add fresh or frozen sour cherries and granulated sugar.
- Stir and cook.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, sour cream, salt and beat until smooth.
- Add to flour mix, 1 cup of hot cherry sugar mix.
- Stir vigorously.
- Now add the flour, sour cream and hot cherry mix into the pot of hot soup, stir well and simmer for 5 or 6 minutes until it thickens.
- Cover the soup and let cool.
- Keep cover on while it chills in refrigerator and it will not form a thick skin.
- Serve very cold.