Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A true marriage between Chinese and Malay kitchen. Thick boiled yellow noodles with fried tofu, shallots, bean sprouts, egg and green chilles topped with a rich shrimp sauce of Malay mixed spices and Chinese bean paste thickened with sweet potatoes! Perfect!!
- thick yellow noodles (oiled noodles)
- bean sprouts
- beef finely sliced
- prawns, shelled and keep the shells
- sweet potato flour (or other flour for thickening)
- sweet potatoes (or potatoes)
- coconut milk
- shallots, finely sliced
- sour lime (or lime juice)
- dark soy sauce (optional)
- green chili, sliced (optional)
- shrimp fry (baby shrimp)
Rempah (Spice paste) Edit
- dried chile
- blacan (shrimp paste)
- coriander powder
- bean paste (taocheo)
- ground black pepper
- Fry prawn shells in a little oil for several minutes, add water to make stock.
- Peel and boil sweet potatoes, then mash.
- Boil eggs, shell and cut into four.
- Prepare rempah in blender, add prawn and blend till smooth.
- Fry finely sliced shallots.
- Cut tofu into small cubes and deep fried in oil.
- Dry fry the baby shrimps.
- Fry rempah in oil till fragrant, add beef add prawn stock, coconut milk, mashed sweet potatoes.
- Thicken further with sweet potato flour (first mixed with water).
- The sauce should be thick and creamy.
- Bring to boil and season to taste with salt and sugar.
- Bring a pot of water to boil, blanch bean sprouts.
- Briefly boiled the noodles.
- To serve, place noodles and bean sprouts in a bowl and pour sauce over.
- Add fried tofu, eggs, fried shallots, fried baby shrimp and squeeze lime over.
- Green chilis and dark soy sauce are optional.