Malay stir-fried noodles
- 100 g rice noodles or vermicelli
- 2 cups finely sliced cabbage
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- ¼ cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 chopped tomato
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp chili powder
- salt, to taste
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- Soak noodles in cold water for 20 minutes and drain.
- Beat eggs in a small bowl, with a pinch of salt and fry in a non-stick pan. Remove and slice egg into strips.
- Heat oil in a wok and sauté garlic and onion over medium heat till onions become soft. Add cabbage and bean sprouts and sauté for about 2 minutes.
- Add curry powder, chopped tomatoes, chili powder and soy sauce, and continue to cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add noodles and stir-fry until cooked. Top with crispy anchovies and sliced egg-strips before serving.
Recipe by Hooked on Heat Edit
The blog created by Meenakshi Agarwal is filled with, as the blogger says, lots of spice and everything nice. The pleasant design of the blog is matched by a huge variety of unique content – something you can rarely say about websites or blogs today – facts which make Hooked on Heat a valuable resource for anyone interested in Indian food.
Here you will find information on hundreds of Indian dishes, starting from Dips, Sauces and Chutneys, going through Soups and Salads and passing through Delectable Desserts and other food categories that will make your mouth water. You can reach this wealth of information at the following URL: hookedonheat.blogspot.com