Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is my version of a sandwich I ate in a local café (Paragraphe, here in Montréal).
- Prep Time: 10 – 15 minutes
- Serves: 2
- Bulgarian or Greek feta, sliced about ½" thick and enough to make one layer per sandwich on your bread of choice
- red onion, sliced and split into rings
- sliced tomato
- any sort of lettuce or spinach, cut into ribbons (or torn, your choice)
- baguette or ciabatta
- 2 parts red wine vinegar
- 1 part olive oil
- fresh garlic, minced or pressed, as much as you like
- basil (either fresh and chopped or dried and rubbed), plenty
- salt and pepper
- Mix all the vinaigrette ingredients in a jar that you can close easily
- Shake well
- Slice your baguette in half lengthwise
- Use a brush (or in a pinch, a spoon) apply the vinaigrette to the cut side of the bread halves
- Place a layer of feta on one half
- Add a layer of tomato slices
- Add a layer of red onion rings
- Add the lettuce or spinach
- Drizzle with any remaining vinaigrette (but don't make it soggy)
- Cap with the other half of the bread
- It's delicious! Enjoy!