Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: Eating Well Diabetes Cookbook
- Formatted by Chupa Babi in MC: 07.12.07
- Prep time: 10 minutes | Start to finish: 10 minutes
- Makes about 1 cup
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp salt or to taste
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 x 7-ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Combine almonds, garlic, cumin, paprika, salt and crushed red pepper in a food processor; pulse until the almonds are ground.
- Add peppers, oil and vinegar; process until smooth, stopping several times to scrape down the sides of the work bowl.
- To make ahead: cover and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
Nutritional information Edit
Per 1 tablespoon serving:
- 26 calories | 2 g fat (0g sat fat, 1g mono fat) | 0 g fiber | 0mg cholesterol | 2 g carbs | 0g protein | 61 mg sodium.
- Carbohydrate servings: 0
- Exchanges: free food