Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Meterranean Pizza from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—oiginal source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Serves: 12
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup eggplant, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 1 x 16-oz. thin-crust pizza dough (i.e. Boboli)
- 2 medium red or yellow tomatoes, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 small yellow summer squash, sliced
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons sliced, pitted, ripe black olives
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a medium skillet, cook onion and garlic in 2 teaspoons of the olive oil over medium-high heat until tender (about 3 minutes).
- Add tomatoes, eggplant, thyme, sugar, salt and pepper and cook, uncovered over medium-high heat for 15 minutes or until liquid has evaporated, stirring occasionally.
- Place pizza dough on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Spread the eggplant mixture over the pizza dough.
- Arrange the red or yellow tomatoes, squash, and zucchini over the mixture.
- Brush vegetables with remaining olive oil.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese and olives.
- Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake, uncovered at 400°F for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Cut into wedges and serve.