Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Serves 4
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium yellow squash
- 1 medium fennel bulb
- 1 small red onion
- 8 asparagus spears
- ¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- 30 green beans, trimmed
- 10 baby carrots, trimmed
- ½ cup pitted and halved kalamata olives
- 1 cup mixed baby lettuces
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese, plus ¼ lb block
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- ½ cup Sun-dried Tomato Vinaigrette
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Cut the eggplant, zucchini and squash diagonally into slices ½ inch thick.
- Trim the fennel and cut crosswise into slices ½ inch thick.
- Peel the onion and cut crosswise into slices ½ inch thick.
- Trim the asparagus.
- With ½ cup of the olive oil, coat all the vegetables.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Set the vegetables aside.
- Build a fire in a charcoal grill, or preheat a gas grill, for indirect-heat cooking.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and fill a mixing bowl with ice and water.
- Add the green beans to the boiling water and, as soon as it returns to the boil and the beans are bright green, use a wire skimmer or slotted spoon to transfer them to the ice water.
- Add the baby carrots and boil until tender-crisp, 2 to 3 minutes; transfer to the ice water.
- Drain the vegetables and set aside.
- When the fire is hot, place the vegetables on the cooking grid not directly above the heat.
- Cook, turning as necessary to prevent scorching, until are nicely browned and tender-crisp, 5 to 7 minutes total cooking time.
- As they are done, transfer the vegetables to a platter and leave to cool.
- Cut the grilled vegetables into ½-inch pieces.
- Cut the carrots and green beans on the bias into ¼-inch pieces.
- Put all the vegetables, olives, lettuces and crumbled feta in a large salad bowl.
- Add the remaining olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss well.
- Divide the ½ cup of vinaigrette among 4 large salad plates, spooning it around the edge.
- Mound the salad mixture evenly in the middle.
- Using a cheese plane or swivel-bladed vegetable peeler, shave the block of feta over each salad.
- Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.