A Catfish recipe.
- 1 large fennel bulb, cut into ⅛-inch thick slices
- 1 medium red onion, cut into ⅛-inch thick slices
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into ¾-inch cubes
- 2 cups zucchini, cut into ¼-inch thick slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 x 8-ounce bottles clam juice
- 1 x 14.5-ounce can chunky pasta-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 x 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon crushed fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1¼ pounds U.S. farm-raised catfish fillets, cut into 1-inch cubes
- for garnish: basil sprigs and orange slices
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F.
- Lightly grease a large baking sheet.
- Mix fennel, onion, bell pepper, zucchini and olive oil in a medium bowl.
- Spread vegetables evenly on prepared pan.
- Roast in the oven for 15 minutes or until lightly browned and tender, stirring every 5 minutes.
- Mix the roasted vegetables with clam juice, tomatoes, beans, fennel seed, orange zest and pepper in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add catfish pieces and simmer for 4 to 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Garnish with basil sprigs and orange slices.