Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Trim excess fat from beef.
- Cut beef into 1-inch cubes.
- Brown beef cubes a few pieces at a time in non-stick skillet.
- Transfer beef, onions, tomatoes, beef broth, coriander, cinnamon, cayenne pepper and salt to dutch oven.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat, cover and simmer 50 minutes.
- Add turnips; cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add carrots, cover.
- Simmer 30 minutes or until beef and vegetables are tender.
- Add garbanzo beans; cover.
- Simmer 5 minutes or until hot.
- Mix couscous, salt and turmeric in 2-quart bowl.
- Stir in boiling water; cover.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir in raisins.
- Mound couscous on serving platter.
- Drain beef and vegetables; arrange on couscous.
- Pour broth from couscous stew into serving bowl.
- Serve with couscous.
- Note: three cups uncooked rice (6 cups cooked rice) may be substituted for couscous.