Contributed by Judi M. Phelps
- Makes 4 servings
- 4 chicken breast halves, skinned (about 1 lb total)
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 lbs zucchini, cut into ¼-inch thick slices
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp dry oregano
- 1 tsp fennel seeds, crushed
- 1 tbsp dry basil
- 14½ oz can pear-shaped tomatoes
- parsley sprigs
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Rinse chicken, pat dry, and place in a 12 x 15-inch broiler pan.
- Arrange mushrooms and zucchini around chicken.
- Drizzle with oil.
- Sprinkle with pepper, oregano, fennel seeds, and basil; mix to coat chicken and vegetables with seasonings.
- Cover pan tightly with foil and bake in a 425°F oven for 15 minutes.
- Cut up tomatoes, then stir tomatoes and their liquid into pan.
- Cover and continue to bake until meat near bone is no longer pink; cut to test (about 5 more minutes).
- Garnish with parsley sprigs; offer cheese to sprinkle over individual servings.
Nutritional information Edit
- 250 calories | 6g fat | 12g carbohydrates | 38g protein | 86mg cholesterol | 270mg sodium