Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
My version of the Basic meat Pie is from www.godecookery.com. I have successfully made this three times.
- 1½ lbs beef (any or all of beef, pork, rabbit venison, etc. — just 1½ lbs total. However, sirloin steak turns out the best).
- 1 cup grated cheese
- ½ cup currants or raisins (or any other dried fruit)
- 4 egg yolks
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon bell peppers
- ½ – 1 cup broth (whatever most of the meat is)
- 1 dash cooking wine
- 1 x 9-inch pie shell (with lid)
- Broil the meat until very rare, but cooked through.
- Cut it into small cubes.
- Mix with all other ingredients except the pie shell.
- For the broth, just add enough to make the mixture a little wetter.
- Put the mixture into the pie shell.
- Be sure the shell lid is sealed, and punch some holes in the top with a knife.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes to an hour, till the shell is golden brown.
- Makes 6 – 8 slices, and can be served any temperature.
- It is easiest to cut when cold.