Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe says not to have the gravy with the meatloaf, but have baked potatoes with the meatloaf. Have gravy later in the week over rice, noodles, or cold meatloaf. I think I'd have it over whatever I wanted.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: My old recipes
- Serves 4 to 6
- 2 lbs hamburger
- 1 cup uncooked oatmeal
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp poultry seasoning
- ¾ cup milk
- Mix ingredients together thoroughly.
- Form into loaf in heavy skillet and bake at 350°F for 1 hour.
- When done, gently remove loaf form skillet to serving plate and let sit for a few minutes before slicing.
- Put skillet on top of stove and adjust heat to medium.
- Add 2 cups water to drippings.
- Stir well, bring to boil.
- In a jar with tight fitting lid, put 3 tsp flour land ½ cup water.
- Shake until mixture is smooth, then pour slowly into skillet.
- Stir constantly until gravy has thickened.
- Reduce heat.
- Simmer 5 minutes.