Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 500 g (1 pound) beef stew meat
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tsp potato starch
- 50 g + 65 g (1¾ ounces + 2¼ ounces) fresh pork fat
- 3½ dl (1½ cups) skim milk
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- ⅛ tsp ground ginger
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- 3 dl (1¼ cups) stock
- 3 dl (1¼ cups) full fat milk
- Grind the meat with salt and potato starch four times, the last two with the first amount of fresh pork fat and spices.
- Cut the remaining fat into strips.
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees c.
- Layer on a wet cutting board: ⅓ of the meat mixture in a 1½ cm thick layer, half the fat laid lengthwise about 1 cm apart, meat, fat and the rest of the meat.
- Smooth the top of the meatloaf.
- Brown the meatloaf on all sides in margarine.
- Then bake 30 – 40 minutes.
- Deglaze the frying pan with stock and milk and pour over the meatloaf in the oven.
- Strain and measure the cooking juices.
- For the sauce, melt the margarine and stir in the flour.
- Gradually add the cooking juices and bring to a boil.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir in the sour cream, bring to a boil, and season with salt.
- Serve with boiled potatoes, vegetables, and sauce.