Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
From Menu and Recipes Week 2/11/07
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 onion
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 chopped green pepper
- 1 tbsp meat seasoning
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup evaporated milk
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1½ lb hamburger
- ½ lb pork sausage
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, over medium heat.
- Add the onion, celery, meat seasoning, Worcestershire sauce.
- Cook stirring occasionally and scraping bottom of pan until the mixture starts sticking excessively, about 6 minutes.
- Stir in the milk and ketchup.
- Continue cooking for about 1 minute stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool at room temperature.
- Place the beef and pork sausage in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the eggs, cooked mixture (from saucepan) and bread crumbs.
- Mix by hand, being careful not to over mix.
- Overmixing will make the meat mushy.
- Blend no longer than necessary to distribute the ingredients.
- Place mixture in an ungreased 9x13" baking dish.
- Shape into a loaf making sure not to touch the sides.
- Bake uncovered 25 minutes.
- Raise the heat to 400°F and continue cooking until done, approximately 35 minutes longer.