From Menu and Recipes Week 2/11/07
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 onion
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 chopped green pepper
- 1 tbsp meat seasoning
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup evaporated milk
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1½ lb hamburger
- ½ lb pork sausage
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, over medium heat.
- Add the onion, celery, meat seasoning, Worcestershire sauce.
- Cook stirring occasionally and scraping bottom of pan until the mixture starts sticking excessively, about 6 minutes.
- Stir in the milk and ketchup.
- Continue cooking for about 1 minute stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool at room temperature.
- Place the beef and pork sausage in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the eggs, cooked mixture (from saucepan) and bread crumbs.
- Mix by hand, being careful not to over mix.
- Overmixing will make the meat mushy.
- Blend no longer than necessary to distribute the ingredients.
- Place mixture in an ungreased 9x13" baking dish.
- Shape into a loaf making sure not to touch the sides.
- Bake uncovered 25 minutes.
- Raise the heat to 400°F and continue cooking until done, approximately 35 minutes longer.