Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A River of Recipes: Native American Recipes Using Commodity Foods by the USDA Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- 1 pound ground beef or bison
- ½ cup cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons egg mix + ¼ cup water (or 1 egg)
- ½ cup carrot, grated
- 1 cup cheese, grated and divided
- ¼ cup onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- salt to taste
- 1 cup tomato sauce, divided
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl combine ground beef or bison, rice, egg, carrot, ½ cup cheese, onion, and seasonings. Mix well.
- Place in a loaf pan, top with ½ cup tomato sauce, cover with foil, and bake at 375°F for 1½ hours or until meat thermometer reads 160°F in center of loaf.
- Remove from oven. Pour off excess juice, top with the remaining cheese and tomato sauce and bake for 15 more minutes, uncovered.