- 8 oz uncooked macaroni (2 cups)
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cup canned kidney beans
- ½ cup frozen or canned corn
- 1 cup canned tomatoes
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese
- Place elbow macaroni in 2 quart casserole.
- Cover with hot tap water.
- Microwave at high for 5 – 6 minutes, then at medium for 6 minutes.
- Set aside until macaroni is al dente. Drain.
- Or cook on stove top according to package directions - mine cooks in 8 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients except cheese.
- Cover with lid or plastic wrap and microwave at high for 10 minutes, then at medium for 10 minutes.
- Or continue cooking on the stove top until heated through.
- Sprinkle with cheese and let stand until cheese is melted.
Nutritional information Edit
Each serving 1 cup:
241 calories 32 g carbohydrates, 12 g protein, 7 g fat 1 starch choice, 1 protein, 1 milk, 1 fruit & veg, ½ fats & oils