Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Looking for a vegetarian slow-cooker meal? This incredible dish is great for a party. Or, freeze the extra servings for later.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: Diabetic Living Diet Online
- Prep Time: 20 minutes | Total Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 16
- 3 cans red kidney beans
- 1 can tomatoes, diced
- 1½ cups salsa
- 1 can whole kernel corn, with peppers
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 16 large flour tortillas
- 2 cups lettuce
- 1 cup taco-style cheese
- scallions (green onions)
- In a 3½- or 4-quart slow cooker combine beans, undrained tomatoes, salsa, corn, jalapeño pepper (if desired), chili powder, and garlic.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours.
- To serve, spoon bean mixture just below centers of tortillas.
- Top with lettuce and cheese.
- If desired, top with green onions and/or sour cream.
- Fold bottom edge of each tortilla up and over filling.
- Fold in opposite sides; roll up from bottom.
Nutritional information Edit
- 205 Calories | 3g Total Fat | 2g Saturated Fat | 471mg Sodium | 34g Carbs | 6g Dietary Fiber | 2g Sugars | 7mg Cholesterol | 8g Protein
- Exchanges: Vegetable: 0.5 | Starch: 2 | Lean Meat: 0.5 | Carb Choices: 2