Looking for a vegetarian slow-cooker meal? This incredible dish is great for a party. Or, freeze the extra servings for later.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: Diabetic Living Diet Online
- Prep Time: 20 minutes | Total Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 16
- 3 cans red kidney beans
- 1 can tomatoes, diced
- 1½ cups salsa
- 1 can whole kernel corn, with peppers
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 16 large flour tortillas
- 2 cups lettuce
- 1 cup taco-style cheese
- scallions (green onions)
- In a 3½- or 4-quart slow cooker combine beans, undrained tomatoes, salsa, corn, jalapeño pepper (if desired), chili powder, and garlic.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours.
- To serve, spoon bean mixture just below centers of tortillas.
- Top with lettuce and cheese.
- If desired, top with green onions and/or sour cream.
- Fold bottom edge of each tortilla up and over filling.
- Fold in opposite sides; roll up from bottom.
Nutritional information Edit
- 205 Calories | 3g Total Fat | 2g Saturated Fat | 471mg Sodium | 34g Carbs | 6g Dietary Fiber | 2g Sugars | 7mg Cholesterol | 8g Protein
- Exchanges: Vegetable: 0.5 | Starch: 2 | Lean Meat: 0.5 | Carb Choices: 2