Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Hall Estate in Terrell, Texas in 1994.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ pound butter
- ¼ pound rice
- 1 egg
- 1 white onion finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 2 lemons
- Mix all ingredients except 2 eggs and 2 lemons and mound into balls.
- Put some water in a pot then place the butter and balls in it carefully.
- Let them cook for 20 minutes then cool.
- In a separate bowl beat eggs with a mixer and slowly while beating add the lemon juice ensuring that the sauce doesn't curdle.
- With a ladle take some of the juice from the meatball pot then add to the sauce mixing constantly.
- Keep doing this until all juice has been mixed in the sauce.
- Empty all the sauce on top of the meatballs and serve with some sprinkled parsley.