Serves 4 people
- 250 g ground meat (pork)
- ⅕ glass rice
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 bunch parsley
- 2½ glasses water
- ½ tablespoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 large onion
- Grate the onion.
- Boil rice in 3 glasses of water and drain.
- Chop the parsley.
- Add the onion, rice, black pepper and 1 teaspoon salt to the ground meat and knead for 3 minutes.
- Moisten hands and form walnut sized balls of the meat, put them in a pan containing chopped parsley leaves and shake gently to coat meatballs with parsley.
- Add 2½ glasses of water, the margarine and 1 teaspoon of salt to the pan and cover.
- Cook over moderate heat for 30 minutes.
- When the meatballs are cooked, put the egg yolks or the egg, the lemon juice and water for the sauce into a bowl and beat gently.
- Add the sauce to the pan, stir a couple of times to blend and serve.
- Instead of parsley you can put dried mint.