This recipe comes from Montréal, Québec
- Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ onion, minced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 sleeve of saltines, crushed
- 1 teaspoon each dried basil, garlic powder and seasoning salt
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated or shredded
- In large bowl, mix together beef, onion, egg, saltines and seasonings.
- Roll into 1-inch balls.
- Fry in skillet or bake in oven until cooked through (can also be frozen until ready to use)
- In heavy-bottomed saucepan, combine whipping cream and butter and heat until just before boiling.
- Add Parmesan and whisk 5 – 7 minutes until thickened.
- Pour over meatballs and serve.
- This is also great over pasta.