Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 4 servings
- ¾ cup bulgur
- 8 oz ground beef
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground allspice
- ½ tsp pepper
- 3 tsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ cup packed cilantro, chopped
- Mix bulgur, beef, onion, cinnamon, ½ tsp salt, allspice and ¼ tsp pepper.
- Roll rounded tablespoons into balls.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a skillet.
- Add meatballs, cook until browned.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Heat remaining oil in a skillet.
- Add garlic, sauté 1 minute.
- Stir in tomatoes, sugar, remaining salt and pepper and meatballs.
- Bring to a simmer, cover and cook 25 minutes or until bulgur is tender.
- Serve sprinkled with cilantro.