Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 6 servings.
- 1 pound lean ground Beef
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped Onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 1/2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 14-1/2- to 16-ounce can stewed tomatoes (2 cups)
- 12 ounces zucchini, thinly sliced (about 2-1/2 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano leaves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon basil leaves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup beef broth (canned or made with bouillon cube)
- 1 spaghetti squash (cut into cleaned out and baked) instead of rice.
Combine Beef, bread crumbs, Onion, celery, worcestershire sauce, egg, 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic salt and pepper; mix thoroughly. Form into 12 meat balls. Place in buttered shallow baking pan. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, combine tomatoes, zucchini, oregano and basil; simmer 5 minutes. Blend cornstarch and broth; stir into tomato mixture. Pour over meat balls; continue baking 10 minutes longer. Serve over fluffy rice or spaghetti squash.