Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Romanian: Strudel cu carne
- 1 lb / 500 g meat
- 1 lb / 500 g onions
- 4 tablespoons lard (2 for the ground meat mixture, 2 for greasing the dough)
- ground pepper
- Fry the finely chopped onion in two tablespoons of lard until it turns yellow.
- Add the ground meat, salt and pepper.
- On the table there is the strudel dough ready to be used.
- Moisten with melted butter or lard.
- Arrange the meat at one end (long end), cover with the edge of the dough and roll like a jelly roll using the table cloth as an aid.
- You get a long roll which you can cut in 2 or 3, depending on the size of your baking pan.
- Arrange in the greased pan, roll next to roll, with a little distance among them.
- Grease the tops with melted butter or lard. Bake until golden brown.
- Cut into serving size portions while still in the pan.