In Romanian: Strudel cu carne
- 1 lb / 500 g meat
- 1 lb / 500 g onions
- 4 tablespoons lard (2 for the ground meat mixture, 2 for greasing the dough)
- ground pepper
- Fry the finely chopped onion in two tablespoons of lard until it turns yellow.
- Add the ground meat, salt and pepper.
- On the table there is the strudel dough ready to be used.
- Moisten with melted butter or lard.
- Arrange the meat at one end (long end), cover with the edge of the dough and roll like a jelly roll using the table cloth as an aid.
- You get a long roll which you can cut in 2 or 3, depending on the size of your baking pan.
- Arrange in the greased pan, roll next to roll, with a little distance among them.
- Grease the tops with melted butter or lard. Bake until golden brown.
- Cut into serving size portions while still in the pan.