Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 lb. lean Beef or Lamb, cut into small pieces
- 6 c. water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 medium Onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 loaf Arabic pita bread, dried in the oven until crisp
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Make a broth by simmering the meat in the water with the salt, pepper and the whole Onion, until the meat is tender. Then skim off the froth, and discard the Onion. Remove the meat with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Set aside.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a frying pan. Fry the meat over high heat until well browned, then remove to a serving bowl and keep warm.
- Fry the garlic in the remaining butter until golden brown. Stir the contents of the frying pan and the vinegar into the broth; then bring to a boil.
- Just before serving, break up the bread into the soup; then divide into individual bowls. Present the meat and the rice separately, allowing each person to serve themselves.