- Combine 2 cups flour, sifted, with water to make a stiff dough.
- Knead until smooth and divide in 4 parts.
- Roll each piece into a circle 4 inches in diameter on a board.
- Brush each with cooking oil.
- Sprinkle evenly with flour.
- Place the circles on top of each other with floured sides facing.
- Gently roll pile of circles into large circle 8 to 9 inches in diameter. Note: at beginning pastry should be turned over while rolling to make all circles same size.
- On iron grill or flat teflon pan: fry pastry on both sides without browning it (about 2 minutes on each side). Large and small bubbles will swell up pastry indicating when done.
- Cool slightly.
- Cut pastry in three uniform strips and peel off pieces.
- There are now twelve strips.
- In a 1-quart saucepan, cook filling mixture for 10 minutes stirring constantly.
- Make a cone at one end of the pastry strip.
- Hold the cone in left hand and fill with mixture.
- Turn the flap over to form a three-cornered pastry.
- Seal the edge with a paste made with 1 tbsp flour and 1 tbsp water.
- Chill for 1 hour.
- Deep-fat fry at 375°F until golden brown.
- Serve with lemon wedges while still hot.
- As an adaptation, you can make samosas with pie crust.
- Purchase the packaged mix and bake the samosas.
- 0r in making your own pie crust cut down on shortening by half for deep-fat frying.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.