- 2 medium onions, peeled and grated
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 kilo lean Lamb, minced very finely (can substitute Beef)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 Tbsp. pine nuts
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. each margarine and olive oil, melted together
- chopped parsley and lemon slices for garnish
- Preheat oven to 1800 Celsius.
- In a mixing bowl combine the onions, egg and Lamb.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and mix well.
- Knead the mixture vigorously by hand or in a food processor, making sure that it is very soft and pasty.
- Divide the mixture into six equal portions and flatten each on a board into a rectangular shape. About 1 cm.
- from the edges of the longer sides of each rectangle place a row of pine nuts and then roll each rectangle into a fat Sausage shape, starting from the edge lined with pine nuts.
- Arrange the six rolls in an ovenproof dish just large enough to hold all of them side by side.
- Brush the rolls with the melted margarine and oil mixture, sprinkle with about 3 Tbsp. of water and bake in a preheated oven for 45 minutes or longer, depending on the thickness of the rolls.
- Transfer the meat rolls to a preheated serving dish, garnish with chopped parsley and lemon slices and serve hot, accompanied by rice or sauteed potatoes.