- 6 pounds hamburger
- 2 sweet potatoes, cut up, boiled, mashed
- 24 oz. cottage cheese
- 1 Apple
- 1 Pear
- 3 Tbs Soy &/or Worchestershire Sauce
- 12-15 dog vitamins; crushed (a coffee grinder works wonderfully for this!)
- Cut up the sweet potatoes and boil for about 15 minutes, until mashable.
- While sweet potatoes are boiling, put Onion, Pear and Apple through food processor (chop cycle).
- Combine all ingredients (mashed sweet potatoes, chopped Onion, Pear and Apple, cottage cheese, Soy and/or Worchestershire Sauce and dog vitamins) with hamburger.
- Use a 1/2 cup scoop to make meat patties. It will make approximately 27 half-cup meat patties.
- Keep out enough for two days and freeze the rest. For a remarkable tasty meal, I microwave a meat patty for 5–6 minutes and combine the meat pattie and it's juices with 1 cup kibble, 1 cup oatmeal, 1 cup fresh vegetables and about 1/2 cup 2% milk. This feeds one very active large size dog (about 50-60 lb). For a change, instead of oatmeal, use polenta, brown rice, or Pasta. Use a variety of fresh vegetables, cabbage, carrots, corn, potatoes, greenbeans, Peas, broccali, etc. or throw in a fruit or two.
Contributed by Edit
Pets Holistic Med is a community based on Holistic Pet Care Issues. Membership to the site is free. Also, feel free to participate in the Pet Holistic Forums, check out our free articles, web resources and our eBook.
Dr. Mayra Alfonso has published a Holistic Pet Care Guide exclusively available on this site. This manual is a must for pet owners. Be sure you know the facts about your pets health care options before damaging your pets health and well being with dangerous and risky treatments!