Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Serves 8
- 1 egg
- 1½ lbs lean ground beef
- 8 oz Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 8 oz tomato sauce, divided
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- ½ cup finely chopped green pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat egg lightly in a large bowl, add beef, sausage, bread crumbs, onion, peppers and ¾ cup of the tomato sauce.
- Mix together and form into a heart shape in an ungreased baking pan.
- Bake uncovered for 60 minutes.
- Spoon remaining tomato sauce over the top and bake an additional 15minutes or until no longer pink in the center.
- Let stand 1 minutes and remove to serving platter.