- Combine meat, onion, breadcrumbs, ½ teaspoon salt and pepper in mixing bowl; mix thoroughly.
- Form into 8 balls, 1½ inches in diameter.
- Brown balls on all sides in large skillet in oil; pour off fat.
- Combine cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, parsley, basil, garlic, broth, cornstarch and rice; blend until smooth.
- Pour over meat balls, cover, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir 2 tablespoons water into cornstarch.
- Pour into sauce; cook, stirring constantly, about 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve over beds of fluffy rice.