- Mix beef, crumbs, salt, ½ cup buttermilk, and rice.
- Shape into two dozen meatballs (about 1" thick).
- In large skillet, brown meatballs in margarine on all sides; pour water over; cover tightly.
- Boil until rice is tender and meat is cooked (about 30 minutes).
- Remove from skillet.
- Mix remaining 1 cup buttermilk with arrowroot to form smooth paste; stir into liquid remaining in skillet.
- Stirring constantly, cook until gravy is thick (do not boil).
- Return meatballs to pan and gently heat.
- Serve with gravy.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.