Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Mclean Estate in Irving, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 pounds Great Northern beans
- 2 large white onions finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 quarts water
- 1 pound smoked sausage diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- Pre-soak beans overnight.
- Combine all ingredients and cook in heavy pot over low heat until tender.
- Mash with potato masher until beans blend into soup.