Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
4 ounces breakfast sausage 1 tablespoon minced white onion 1/2 tablespoon minced mild green chilies (canned) 4 eggs, beaten salt ground black pepper 4 8-inch flour tortillas 4 slices American cheese
On the Side salsa
1. Preheat a skillet over medium heat. Crumble the sausage into the pan, and add the onion. Saute the sausage and onion for 3 to 4 minutes or until the sausage is browned.
2. Add the mild green chilies and continue to saute for 1 minute.
3. Pour the beaten eggs into the pan and scramble the eggs with the sausage and vegetables. Add a dash of salt and pepper.
4. Heat up the tortilla by steaming them in the microwave in moist paper towels or in a tortilla steamer for 20 to 30 seconds.
5. Break each slice of cheese in half and position two halves end-to-end in the middle of each tortilla.
6. To make the burrito, spoon 1/4 of the egg filling onto the cheese in a tortilla. Fold one side of the tortilla over the filling, then fold up about 2 inches of one end. Fold over the other side of the tortilla to complete the burrito (one end should remain open). Serve hot with salsa on the side, if desired.
Makes 4 burritos.