Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Apple Pie II recipe from Wikibooks. Licensed using the GNU Free Documentation License.
- 2 Pillsbury pie crusts
- 5 McIntosh apples
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 2 cups water
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- half a lemon's worth of lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- Core, peel, and slice the apples into ¼ or ⅛-inch segments.
- Add lemon juice to the apple segments.
- Transfer excess juices to the pie pan.
- In a separate boiling pot, set the sugar and water to boil to make a simple syrup.
- In a separate bowl, mix the cinnamon, nutmeg, flour, and cornstarch.
- When the syrup is done boiling, gradually bring all of the ingredients together.
- Arrange one of the pie crusts on top of the pie pan.
- Add the apple filling into the pie pan.
- Cover the filling with the other pie crust and make three slits on top.
- Bake in the oven at 350°F for 60 minutes or until golden brown.
- Take out the pie and set to cool.
- Serve warm with ice cream or frozen custard.