A soup made from the fruit of the African oil palm.
- canned palm nut pulp
- 1/2 fresh fish, cleaned and cut into pieces
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Beef bouillon cube
- 1 hot chile pepper, cleaned and chopped
- 1 pound smoked or dried fish, skin and bones removed.
- 2 tablespoons dried prawns, ground into powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, bring four cups of water to a boil.
- Add fresh , Onion, garlic, salt and pepper, bouillon cube and chile pepper. Reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add canned palm nut pulp and continue to simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Add smoked or dried and dried prawns. Simmer until soup is thickened to your liking.
- Adjust seasoning.
- Serve hot, with boiled rice or fufu.